You’ve woken up in the middle of the night to a flooded bathroom. You know what it means – your drains are blocked. Although it can seem stressful at the time, Call a Local Sydney Plumber and your home will be back to normal before you know it.
What are some of the most common causes of blocked drains?
- Fats, oils and grease: Many people aren’t aware that pouring cooking fats, oil or grease down the sink isn’t a good idea; this can build up over time, leading to blocked drains.
- Hair: One of the most common causes of blocked drains is hair. Hair can become tangled in the sink, forming a clog that’s difficult to remove without a professional.
- Toiletries: Many people flush items that aren’t meant for the toilet, such as wet wipes, sanitary items, face wipes, and cotton balls. These can accumulate in the pipes over time and create a blockage.
- Foreign objects: Small items such as jewellery, toys, or household debris can also cause blocked drains. Once again, these foreign objects can create a build-up in the pipes over time, leading to a blockage.
- Tree roots: Tree roots can cause blocked drains if they are close to the sewer line. The roots can invade the pipes, creating a blockage and leading to problems.
- Broken pipes: Broken or cracked pipes can also be a problem – these weakened areas in the piping system can cause water and debris to accumulate, leading to clogs and blockages.
- Improper maintenance: If your pipes are not properly maintained, it can lead to clogs and blockages as well. Debris can build up in the pipes, causing them to become blocked or clogged over time.
If you’ve noticed a slow-moving or blocked drain and the traditional methods of clearing them haven’t worked, you’ll need a professional.
Dealing with Sydney Blocked Drains
What can you do yourself to clear a blocked drain? You can try using a plunger or drain snake, but if that doesn’t work, it’s best to call in a professional. A blocked drain can cause standing water to back up, leading to potential flooding and damage if it’s not dealt with quickly.
A professional will be able to assess the problem and use their experience and expertise to quickly solve it. For example, if a drain is blocked due to tree roots, they can use methods such as root cutting or high-pressure water jetting to remove them. If the blockage is caused by a build-up of grease, they can use specialised cleaning solutions to break it down.
Whatever the cause of the blockage, a professional company will have the experience and resources to quickly solve it. The team of certified technicians will be highly trained in all aspects of drain cleaning and repair. They can provide emergency services to quickly unblock drains, or complete more comprehensive repairs if needed.
When contacting a company, be sure to explain the problem clearly and ask for an inspection to determine the cause of the blockage. If a repair is necessary, they will provide you with a quote and the estimated time for completion. It is important to remember that some blockages can be more complex than others, so it’s best to always get a professional opinion.
All in all, blocked drains are never fun, but with the help of a specialist, they can be quickly and easily fixed. Many companies offer all these services at an affordable rate, and they also have a team of experienced professionals who can provide advice and assistance on any blocked drain problem.