Chafing dishes are an asset in the food service industry, particularly for establishing engagement. They assist in keeping meals hot and secure. If you’ve heard of chafing dishes but know little about them or have never heard of them, keep reading to learn how they’re used and how to get the best one for your home or catering business. It is derived from the French word “chauffer,” which means warm.
Chafing dishes is a system with multiple parts, much like a cooking pot, which keeps food secure and hot for an extended period using chafing fuel. Chafing dishes come in various forms, dimensions, and aesthetics, making them perfect for multiple food service occasions.
What chafing dish is used for?
As previously mentioned, chaffing dishes keep cooked food warmer but are not used for cooking; instead, they are organized in a buffet line so that customers can feed themselves directly from dishes. They are available in three common sizes, which are;
- The full-size rectangular chafer: they can contain 8 to 9 quarts of food. For holding and serving dinners, they are frequently employed.
- Half-size chafers can be square or rectangular and contain 4 to 5 quarts of food. Desserts and sides are held in them and served to the customer.
- 2/3 size chafing dishes: they carry roughly 5 to 6 quarts of food and can be either square or round. It is employed to store and serve side foods.
Additionally, there are various varieties of chafing dishes, such as round and rectangular ones. Also, it is important to note that certain aspects, such as the device’s type and quality, impact the chafing dishes prices in Nairobi.
Competent parts of chafing dishes
It’s the top dish for placing food. It’s of various large sizes ideal for fridge and oven.
Chafing pan lid
When cooked food is transferred to the chafing dish, this lid covers to retain the food’s temperature and keep it moist by keeping steam close to the food. Opening the top helps to prevent the food from going soggy or limp.
The chafing dish component is more profound than the food pan. It allows the food pan to lay on the inside and get heated by steam from heated water.
It combines all the other elements of the chafing dish into one. It features stands for an upper rim and fuel to steadily hold the water pan.
Fuel with damper
Chafing dishes fuels are made available in portable cans that are convenient for use. They can either be in liquid or gel form with various burn times.
How do you set up a chafing dish?
It’s a straightforward process to set up a chafing dish. Although it can include some potential dangers, it’s done easily and quickly using these guidelines;
Place the chafing dish’s base in the position that you want to use it.
- Fill the chafing fuel in the holder. Remove the can’s lid. Connect the dampening cover to the holder, and then lay it on the stand.
- Lay down an empty water pan and ensure to check is firm
- Add an inch of boiling water into the water pan
- Ignite the fuel using a stick lighter, ensuring your hand is safe from the heat.
- Transfer your cooked food pan to the water pan, then close the lid.
Chafing dishes are useful for keeping food warm at events and are perfect for an indoor buffet. Their even distribution and unrivaled portability property make them a “must-have “tool for any event or buffet.